Audible, Amazon’s audiobook and spoken-word entertainment platform, offers a vast library of audio content. However, circumstances change, and you may find yourself needing to cancel your Audible membership. Whether it’s due to financial reasons, a lack of time, or a desire to explore other options, this article will guide you through the process of canceling your Audible membership smoothly.
Why Cancel Your Audible Membership?
Before we delve into the cancellation process, it’s essential to understand why you might want to cancel your Audible membership. Common reasons include budget constraints, a shift in reading preferences, or simply not using the service as much as you anticipated. Regardless of your reasons, canceling your membership is a straightforward process, and this guide will ensure you do it correctly.
Steps to Cancel Your Audible Membership
- Log into Your Audible Account To begin the cancellation process, visit the Audible website and log in to your account using your credentials. If you’re using the Audible app on a mobile device, make sure you’re logged in there as well.
- Go to Your Account Details Once logged in, navigate to your account details or settings. You can typically find this option by clicking on your profile picture or name, which is often located in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Manage Membership Look for an option that says “Membership Details” or “Manage Membership.” Click on this link to access your Audible membership information.
- Cancel Membership Within the membership details section, you should find an option to cancel your membership. It may be labeled as “Cancel Membership” or something similar. Click on this option to proceed.
- Choose Your Reason Audible will ask you to provide a reason for canceling your membership. This step is optional, but you can select a reason from the provided list or simply choose “Other” if none of the pre-set options apply.
- Confirm Cancellation After selecting your reason (or not), Audible will ask you to confirm your cancellation. Review the information carefully to ensure you understand the implications of canceling your membership. Click the “Cancel Membership” button when you’re ready to proceed.
- Follow Any Additional Steps Depending on your specific circumstances, Audible may present you with additional offers or incentives to reconsider your cancellation. You can choose to accept or decline these offers as you see fit.
- Confirmation Email After successfully canceling your membership, Audible will send you a confirmation email. Keep this email for your records, as it serves as proof of your cancellation.
What to Expect After Cancellation
Once you’ve canceled your Audible membership, you will still have access to any audiobooks you’ve purchased, even if you used credits to buy them. However, you will lose access to the monthly credit and the ability to download new audiobooks from Audible for free. Your audiobook library will remain yours to keep, and you can continue to listen to your purchased titles using the Audible app or website.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why can’t I cancel my Audible membership?
Unfortunately, you cannot cancel your Audible subscription in the Audible app, you can only do it using the Audible website in a desktop Internet browser. If you merely delete the app, it will not delete your account!
Can I cancel Audible from my phone?
If you signed up for Audible using Google Play on an Android device, then you’ll need to cancel your membership in the Google Play Store app.
Is Audible free with Prime?
No. An Audible Plus or Audible Premium Plus membership is separate from a Prime membership. If you haven’t been on an Audible Premium Plus membership before, you can sign up for a 30 Day Free Trial and receive 1 free credit (2 credits for Prime members), along with access to the Plus Catalog.
Canceling your Audible membership is a straightforward process that can be completed in just a few steps. It’s essential to assess your reasons for cancellation and make an informed decision based on your current needs and preferences. Remember that you can always rejoin Audible in the future if you decide to resume your audiobook journey. By following this guide, you can cancel your Audible membership confidently and continue to enjoy your audiobook collection.
Read Also : How to Un-Repost on TikTok A Step-by-Step Guide