Snapchat has come a long way from its humble beginnings as a simple photo-sharing app. Over the years, it has incorporated various augmented reality (AR) and artificial intelligence (AI) features that enhance our snaps in fun and creative ways. While these features can be entertaining, some users may prefer a more traditional and unfiltered experience. If you’re one of those users looking to get rid of AI on Snapchat, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of regaining control over your snaps and removing AI enhancements.
Understanding AI on Snapchat
Before we delve into the removal process, let’s briefly discuss the AI enhancements that Snapchat employs
1. Filters Snapchat offers a wide array of filters that apply various effects to your photos and videos. These filters often rely on AI to detect your facial features and apply animations, masks, or color adjustments.
2. Lenses Lenses are another popular feature that uses AI and computer vision to recognize your face and overlay dynamic 3D effects and animations on it.
3. Object Recognition Snapchat’s AI is capable of recognizing and augmenting specific objects in your snaps, such as turning a plain cup of coffee into an animated masterpiece.
4. Text and Stickers The app’s AI can identify text in your snaps and suggest relevant stickers or filters, adding an extra layer of creativity.
Removing AI Enhancements on Snapchat
If you’re determined to remove AI enhancements from your Snapchat experience, follow these steps
1. Update Snapchat Ensure that your Snapchat app is up to date. Developers occasionally release new features and settings that may affect AI usage.
2. Open Snapchat Launch the Snapchat app on your device.
3. Access Settings Tap on your profile icon in the top left corner of the screen to access your profile settings.
4. Navigate to Filters & Lenses Scroll down the settings menu until you find “Filters & Lenses.” Tap on it to proceed.
5. Customize Your Filters Within “Filters & Lenses,” you’ll find options to customize your experience. Here’s how you can limit AI enhancements:
a. Turn Off Filters To disable filters entirely, tap on “Filters.” From there, you can toggle off the “Smart Filters” option to stop AI-based recommendations.
b. Manage Lenses To control AI-driven lenses, go to “Lenses.” Here, you can browse through your current lenses and choose which ones to disable or enable.
c. Text and Stickers If you want to remove AI-based text and sticker suggestions, go to “Text and Stickers.” Toggle off any options related to automatic suggestions.
6. Review Object Recognition To manage AI object recognition, Snapchat offers some flexibility. If you want to restrict AI from identifying objects, consider the following steps:
- When taking a snap, observe the suggestions that appear at the bottom of the screen based on detected objects. You can choose to ignore these suggestions and not use them in your snaps.
- Experiment with snapping objects in a way that avoids triggering AI-based enhancements.
7. Custom Camera Mode Snapchat also provides a “Camera Mode” that allows you to capture snaps without AI enhancements. To access this mode, swipe left on the camera screen until you reach the “Camera Mode” menu. Here, select “Normal” to capture unaltered snaps.
8. Check Privacy Settings In addition to the above steps, consider reviewing your privacy settings within Snapchat. You can adjust who can send you snaps and view your stories, which may help control the exposure to AI-enhanced content.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I remove my AI from Snapchat?
Snapchat++ subscribers receive early access to new My AI features, and have the ability to unpin or remove My AI from their Chat feed. To unpin My AI, go to your Snapchat++ management screen from your Profile, and toggle off ‘My AI.
How do I get rid of the AI bot on snap?
Step 1 Launch Snapchat and tap on your (Bitmoji) profile icon in the top left corner of the camera screen. You will be taken to your Snapchat profile.
Step 2 Tap the Settings (gear) icon in the top right corner of your profile. In Settings, scroll down to Account Actions and choose ‘Clear My AI Data.
Is my AI on Snapchat a real person?
When users asked the chatbot about it, the machine stayed eerily silent. “My AI” is a chatbot built into the Snapchat app that people can talk to as if it were a real person. It’s powered by OpenAI’s large language model (LLM) technology, similar to ChatGPT.
While Snapchat’s AI enhancements have brought a new level of creativity and engagement to the platform, some users may prefer a simpler, unfiltered experience. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can regain control over your snaps and remove AI enhancements to your liking. Remember that Snapchat may continue to evolve, so periodically reviewing your settings to ensure they align with your preferences is a good practice.