Tinsel hair, a popular trend in recent years, adds a touch of sparkle and glamour to your everyday look or special occasions. Whether you’re getting ready for a party, festival, or just want to experiment with a new and trendy style, putting tinsel in your hair can be a fun and exciting way to stand out. In this article, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to put tinsel in your hair, ensuring you look stunning and radiant.
Materials You Will Need
Before diving into the step-by-step process, gather all the necessary materials to make the tinsel hair installation smooth and efficient. You’ll need
- Hair Tinsel Strands Purchase hair tinsel strands in various colours and lengths. These are thin, shiny, and lightweight threads that add a shimmering effect to your hair.
- Comb or Brush To make sure your hair is tangle-free and easy to work with.
- Hair Clips To section your hair and keep it in place while attaching the tinsel.
- Threader or Loop Tool A small loop tool or threader to help attach the tinsel to your hair.
- Hair Spray or Hair Gel For a firm hold and to seal the tinsel in place.
- Mirror A large, well-lit mirror to ensure you can see what you’re doing.
Step-by-Step Guide to Putting Tinsel in Your Hair
Prepare Your Hair
Before you start attaching tinsel to your hair, make sure it’s clean and dry. Comb or brush your hair to remove any tangles, and part it in the way you intend to style it. If you want a specific hairstyle, like braids or curls, do that before adding the tinsel.
Section Your Hair
Use hair clips to section off the hair where you plan to put the tinsel. This makes it easier to work with and ensures that the tinsel is evenly distributed. You can place the sections on the top, sides, or underneath your hair for a subtle or bold effect, depending on your preference.
Thread the Tinsel
Take a hair tinsel strand and fold it in half, creating a loop at the top. Now, use your threader or loop tool to pull your hair through the loop created by the tinsel.
Attach the Tinsel
Once your hair is threaded through the loop of the tinsel, pull it through gently until the tinsel is securely held in place. You can choose how close to your scalp you want to place the tinsel, but make sure it’s not too tight to avoid discomfort. Repeat this process for all the sections of hair where you want to add tinsel.
Secure with Hair Spray or Gel
After attaching the tinsel to your hair, use a small amount of hair spray or hair gel to ensure it stays in place. This will also help the tinsel blend in with your natural hair and prevent it from slipping.
Style Your Hair
Now that the tinsel is securely in place, you can style your hair as desired. You can leave your hair down, create braids, curls, or any other hairstyle you prefer. The tinsel will add a sparkling touch to your look.
Maintain and Remove
Tinsel can last for several days, depending on how well you care for it. To keep it looking its best, avoid excessive brushing or heat styling, which can damage the tinsel. When you’re ready to remove it, simply cut the tinsel at the base, taking care not to cut your natural hair.
Tips for a Stunning Tinsel Look
1. Experiment with Colors: Tinsel comes in various colours, so don’t be afraid to mix and match or choose shades that complement your hair colour.
2. Layer Tinsel Strands: Layering tinsel strands can create a more dramatic effect. You can use different lengths to add depth and dimension to your hairstyle.
3. Less is More: Start with a few strands to see how you like the look before adding more. You can always add more tinsel later.
4. Keep It Neat: Make sure the tinsel is evenly spaced and not tangled in your hair to achieve a polished look.
5. Be Creative: Tinsel hair can be incorporated into various hairstyles, from casual to formal. Get creative and have fun with it!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Should you put hair tinsel in wet or dry hair?
Installing dry or wet hair is up to the individual stylist. If you don’t want to install wet hair, you can always keep a small spray bottle of water to spray and dampen the hair where you are applying the tinsel. It helps smooth out your work and keeps the fly-aways from tangling into your knot.
Is Tinsel damaging to hair?
Luckily, there’s no real damage associated with having tinsel strands. However, to prevent knotting, Rodriguez recommends brushing at least two times a day to keep hair in pristine condition. Similar to any style or hair trend, you’ll want to keep your hair hydrated with a moisturising shampoo and conditioner.
Adding tinsel to your hair is a fantastic way to add a touch of glamour and fun to your look, whether it’s for a special occasion or just to express your unique style. By following our step-by-step guide and considering our tips, you can confidently and comfortably rock the tinsel hair trend. Remember to be creative, experiment with different colours, and, most importantly, enjoy the sparkle and shine that tinsel brings to your hair.