Cosmog, the enigmatic Pokémon introduced in the fourth generation of the Pokémon series, has long fascinated trainers and researchers alike with its unique evolution process. Unlike most Pokémon, Cosmog doesn’t evolve through leveling up or using evolutionary stones. Instead, it undergoes a remarkable transformation that takes it from a seemingly helpless Nebula Pokémon to the majestic and powerful Solgaleo or Lunala. In this article, we’ll delve into the lore and mechanics of Cosmog’s evolution and explore the steps trainers can take to facilitate this cosmic transformation.
Understanding the Cosmog Line
Before diving into the evolutionary process, it’s crucial to understand the Cosmog line and its significance in the Pokémon universe. Cosmog is the first form of this line, resembling a small, cloud-like creature with starry eyes and a timid demeanor. Cosmog’s evolution into either Solgaleo or Lunala represents the duality of the sun and the moon, light and darkness, and day and night, all of which are central themes in the Pokémon games.
Cosmog’s Evolutionary Path
Cosmog’s evolution is a three-step process, which begins with its capture or acquisition in the game. Players typically receive a Cosmog from a non-playable character (NPC) as part of the game’s storyline. Once in your possession, the journey to evolve Cosmog begins.
- Bonding and Friendship The first step towards evolving Cosmog is forming a strong bond of friendship with it. Friendship in the Pokémon world is measured using the Friendship stat, which can be increased by various means, such as leveling up, walking with your Pokémon, or using specific items like the Soothe Bell. Spending time with Cosmog and keeping it in your active party will gradually increase its friendship level.
- The Transition When Cosmog’s friendship reaches a high level, it will begin to undergo a transformation. Cosmog will start glowing and changing form, signifying its readiness to evolve. This moment is a testament to the trust and bond you’ve built with your Cosmog throughout your journey.
- Cosmic Evolution Once Cosmog’s transformation is complete, it evolves into either Solgaleo or Lunala, depending on the version of the game you’re playing. In Pokémon Sun, Cosmog becomes Solgaleo, the Psychic/Steel-type Pokémon representing the sun. In Pokémon Moon, Cosmog evolves into Lunala, the Psychic/Ghost-type Pokémon representing the moon. This final evolution is a culmination of Cosmog’s cosmic potential and the bond it shares with its trainer.
Facilitating the Evolution
Now that we’ve outlined the evolutionary process of Cosmog, let’s explore how trainers can facilitate this transformation
- Patience and Friendship Building a strong friendship with Cosmog is essential. Keep it in your active party, use items like the Soothe Bell to boost its friendship, and avoid making it faint in battles to maintain a high friendship level. Patience is key, as it may take some time for Cosmog to reach the required friendship level.
- Affectionate Care Interact with Cosmog regularly by petting, feeding, and playing with it in Pokémon-Amie or Pokémon Refresh (features available in some Pokémon games). This will not only increase its friendship but also deepen your emotional connection with your Cosmog.
- Stay Active Together Walking with Cosmog in the overworld of the game can help boost its friendship. In some games, this feature is available through the Pokéwalker or similar devices. The more you explore the Pokémon world together, the stronger your bond will become.
- Utilize Friendship-Boosting Items As mentioned earlier, items like the Soothe Bell can expedite the process of increasing Cosmog’s friendship. These items can be found in-game or purchased from certain vendors.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can you evolve Cosmog into Solgaleo?
Whether you caught Cosmog in its debut event or are willing to pay for the extra encounter this time, it’s now possible to have multiple in your possession—meaning you can evolve one into Solgaleo and the other into Lunala. That way, you won’t have to choose.
What level will Cosmog evolve?
It evolves into Cosmoem starting at level 43, which evolves into either Solgaleo or Lunala starting at level 53 depending on the game it evolves in. In Pokémon Sun, Ultra Sun, and Sword, Cosmoem evolves into Solgaleo, and in Pokémon Moon, Ultra Moon, and Shield, it evolves into Lunala.
Cosmog’s evolution is a unique and captivating journey that encapsulates the essence of the Pokémon universe. By nurturing a strong bond of friendship and trust, trainers can unlock the incredible potential within Cosmog, allowing it to evolve into the mighty Solgaleo or Lunala. This transformative process not only enhances the gameplay experience but also serves as a reminder of the profound connections that can be formed between trainers and their Pokémon. As you embark on this cosmic evolution, remember that it’s not just a game mechanic but a testament to the enduring spirit of adventure and friendship that defines the world of Pokémon.