Scyther, a Bug/Flying-type Pokémon known for its menacing appearance and formidable speed, has captured the hearts of trainers since its debut in the Pokémon franchise. However, its true power lies in its evolution into Scizor, a Bug/Steel-type Pokémon, which not only enhances its stats but also adds a touch of elegance to its design. In this article, we will explore the steps to evolve Scyther into Scizor and how to make the most of this powerful transition.
Before delving into the evolution process, it’s crucial to grasp the characteristics of Scyther. Scyther boasts impressive base stats, with its Speed and Attack stats being the most remarkable. This mantis-like Pokémon is known for its agility and ability to slice through opponents with its scythe-like arms. To evolve Scyther into its superior form, Scizor, one needs to follow a specific set of steps.
Obtain a Metal Coat
The most crucial item in evolving Scyther is the Metal Coat, an essential evolutionary item. Metal Coats are not only useful for Scyther but are also necessary for the evolution of other Pokémon like Onix. To obtain a Metal Coat, trainers have several options
a. Wild Magnemite: Magnemite is an Electric/Steel-type Pokémon that can be found in various Pokémon games. Some games feature wild Magnemite that have a chance of holding a Metal Coat as an item. Capture or defeat these Magnemite to obtain the Metal Coat.
b. Use the Itemfinder: In some Pokémon games, the Itemfinder can help you locate hidden items. Search specific areas, like caves or secret spots, to uncover a Metal Coat.
c. Trade with In-Game Trainers: In some Pokémon games, you can trade with specific in-game characters who offer Pokémon holding items. Sometimes, Scyther or Onix will be holding a Metal Coat when you trade for them.
Level Up Scyther
After obtaining a Metal Coat, you need to level up your Scyther. Scyther will evolve into Scizor when traded while holding a Metal Coat and gaining a level in the process. In most Pokémon games, this can be done by simply selecting “Trade” when connecting with another player who has the same game or by trading with a friend.
Enjoy the Transformation
Once the trade is complete, Scyther will evolve into Scizor before your eyes. Scizor retains Scyther’s impressive Speed and Attack stats, but it gains a new typing – Bug/Steel – which greatly increases its resistances and provides new strategic possibilities. Scizor’s design becomes sleek and mechanical, with its scythe arms transformed into razor-sharp pincers.
Making the Most of Scizor
Scizor’s evolution brings a myriad of advantages. Here are some tips to maximize your Scissors potential
1. Movepool: Scizor can learn a wide range of moves that make it a formidable opponent. Moves like Bullet Punch, U-turn, Roost, and Swords Dance are essential for its offensive and defensive capabilities. Consider its moveset carefully to adapt to different battle situations.
2. Ability: Scizor’s primary ability, Technician, boosts the power of its weaker moves. This ability synergizes well with moves like Bullet Punch and Pursuit, making Scizor a fearsome priority attacker.
3. Held Items: Consider giving Scizor a held item like a Choice Band for increased Attack power or a Choice Scarf to make the most of its Speed. Scizor’s versatility means it can also benefit from items like Leftovers or a Life Orb.
4. Stat Distribution: Scizor has impressive Defense and Special Defense stats. Taking advantage of this, you can build Scizor as a defensive pivot, using moves like Roost and U-turn to maintain control of the battlefield.
5. Competitive Battling: If you’re into competitive battling, Scizor is a popular choice in formats like OU (OverUsed) and UU (UnderUsed). Be sure to check the current rules and metagame for your preferred format and adjust your Scizor’s moveset accordingly.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can you evolve Scyther without trading?
You could potentially find someone (in-game or not) to trade a Scyther to you, which would evolve it. Unfortunately, that’s the only way to get a Scizor without trading it yourself. You can’t find Scizor in the wild and unless you hack the game, there’s no other way to evolve Scyther.
How do you evolve Scyther into Scizor?
Once players have a Metal Coat, they’ll need to give it to their Scyther to hold via the menu. With Scyther holding a Metal Coat, players will need to find a friend to trade with since trading Scyther with the Metal Coat will trigger the evolution. So find a friend to swap Scyther back and forth, and the job’s done.
Evolution is a fundamental aspect of the Pokémon world, and evolving Scyther into Scizor can significantly enhance your team’s capabilities. Understanding the process, obtaining a Metal Coat, and making strategic choices in Scizor’s moveset and play style will help you fully unlock the potential of this remarkable Bug/Steel-type Pokémon. With the right training and battle strategies, Scizor can become a powerful asset in your Pokémon journey. So, catch that elusive Metal Coat, level up your Scyther, and enjoy the transformation into one of the most iconic Pokémon evolutions in the franchise!