With the rise of social media and the increasing importance of video content, looping videos have become a popular way to engage and entertain audiences. On an iPhone, looping a video is a simple yet valuable skill to have, whether you want to share a captivating clip on social media or just enjoy a memorable moment on repeat. In this article, we’ll explore various methods to loop a video on your iPhone, catering to different preferences and needs.
Using the Built-in Loop Feature
The simplest way to loop a video on your iPhone is by using the built-in loop feature. Here’s how you can do it
- Open the Video First, open the Photos app on your iPhone and navigate to the video you want to loop.
- Start Playback Tap on the video to start playing it.
- Loop Icon During video playback, you’ll notice a looping icon, which looks like an arrow bent into a circle, usually located in the lower-right corner of the video player. Tap on this icon.
- Loop Options A menu will appear with loop options, such as “Loop,” “Bounce,” and “Long Exposure.” Select “Loop” to continuously replay the video.
- Enjoy the Loop Your video will now play in an endless loop until you manually stop it.
The built-in loop feature is quick and easy to use, making it suitable for casual purposes. However, it’s worth noting that the looping is limited to the Photos app, and the video won’t loop when shared or uploaded to other platforms.
Using Third-Party Apps
If you want more control over your looping videos and the ability to share them on different platforms, you can turn to third-party apps. There are various apps available on the App Store that offer advanced video editing features, including video looping. Some popular choices include InShot, Loop Video, and Boomerang.
Here’s how to loop a video using a third-party app
- Download and Install an App Visit the App Store and download a video editing app that offers looping features.
- Open the App Launch the app and grant the necessary permissions.
- Import the Video Import the video you want to loop from your iPhone’s library.
- Edit and Loop Use the app’s editing tools to trim, enhance, or apply other effects to the video as desired. Once you’re satisfied, find the looping or repetition feature within the app’s settings.
- Save and Share After looping the video, save it to your camera roll. Now, you can share your looped video on various platforms or with friends.
Third-party apps provide more flexibility and creativity when it comes to looping videos, making them a great choice for those who want to create and share engaging content. They also often include other editing options, allowing you to customize your video in many ways.
For more tech-savvy users, Apple’s Shortcuts app offers a versatile way to loop videos. Shortcuts is a powerful automation tool that allows you to create custom sequences of actions on your iPhone. Here’s how to loop a video using Shortcuts
- Create a Shortcut Open the Shortcuts app on your iPhone and tap the “+” button to create a new shortcut.
- Add Actions Search for “Get Video” and add the action to your shortcut. Select the video you want to loop.
- Add Another Action Next, search for “Repeat” and add this action to your shortcut. Set the number of times you want the video to loop.
- Finish and Save Customize your shortcut as needed and tap “Next” to name and save it.
- Run the Shortcut To loop your video, open the Shortcuts app, find the shortcut you created, and run it. The video will play in a loop as specified.
Using Shortcuts might be more technical, but it’s an efficient way to loop videos and offers a high level of control over the looping process. You can loop videos for a specific number of times or even combine looping with other actions.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I loop a video on Iphone photos?
Open the Photos apps and tap the video that you’d like to loop. The video will open in full screen. This method uses the built-in Slideshow feature to loop a video. Slideshow is great if you just want to loop the video while in the Photos app.
Can I loop a video on iPhone reddit?
On IOS, for whatever reason, this isn’t possible.
In conclusion, looping videos on your iPhone is a handy skill that can enhance your video-sharing and viewing experience. Whether you prefer a quick and easy method using the built-in loop feature, opt for third-party apps with advanced editing options, or dive into the world of automation with Shortcuts, there’s a solution for everyone. Looping videos can make your content more engaging and memorable, so explore these methods and choose the one that suits your needs and preferences best. Enjoy the endless playback of your favorite moments and videos on your iPhone!